14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone is enjoying their ultra pink day of love in whatever capacity you chose! I spent the better part of Sunday with a friend baking up a storm. (We decided against the more typical Japanese method of "melt chocolate, reform it into other still-chocolate shapes, plus sprinkles" for valentine production.) She made caramel thumbprint cookies and a so-so Martha Stewart version of thin mints, and I made the Lunar Festival Pies created by The Gamer's Fridge! Even better is there were minimal oven-related casualties!

batter!
baked!
frosted!
sandwich'd!
CONSUMED!
bonus caramel coconut cookies
and pseudo thin mints!
If you're looking for something sweet to eat, I highly recommend whipping up a batch of the Lunar Festival Pies. They are super easy to make, bake really quickly, and the frosting recipe is the PERFECT amount for the cookies, so you don't have any pesky leftovers! And they are delicious!!

8 comments:

  1. Aka... now I have to go find something to eat because reading this post has made me HUNGRY...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother used to make a sandwich cookie which is sort of similar . . . Except the chocolate dough was stiffer, so it was rolled and cut, and the filling was a variety of cream cheese frosting. We didn't make them very often, because it was too time-consuming. The cookies you did would be simpler, because you're dropping the batter instead of rolling it, but it might be interesting to try it with a cream cheese type of frosting.

    Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend this recipe! And I do think that a cream cheese filling would be good too. I'm curious to see how it would mix with the super fluffy texture of the cookies.

      Delete
  3. They both look delicious. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe and it came out so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting it :D It gave me something to share with people on Valentine's Day :>

      Delete
  4. I could do these with cool whip but I am not down with cream cheese. They do look pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use cream cheese for this filling. It's just sugar and butter all fluffed up!

      Delete