06 November 2011

Pokemon Center Tokyo

You may wonder how many WoW players are legitimately excited about the recently announced minipet battling system.
I am one such player.
 Behind the cut are pictures from my trip to the Pokemon Center in Tokyo.

Next: Pokemon Center Osaka



This stand greets you inside the doors. As you can see, the bins are nearly empty of their plush merchandise.
The floor has a predictable pattern.
There were plenty of adults unaccompanied by children. I overheard two college-age guys debating what to buy.
They play the Pokemon Center music interspersed with other songs. 
The two new legendaries are hanging right inside the entrance.
Charizard is my favorite of the original starters :)
There was a Halloween display featuring ghost pokemon.
They have a series of artsy shirts for the original 150 pokemon. 
Unfortunately they did not have adult sizes.
The monkey trio seems as popular as the new starters.
They have some enormous plushes as well.
This is one of my favorite new guys. Its Japanese name is a play on "zebra."
This is one of the new legendaries.
The new starter trio!
I got a Mijumaru plush :)
This is Mijumaru's unlikely evolution.
Pokabu's evolution.
Tsutarja's evolution.
I got a neat shiny sticker of Houou.
And a new handkerchief, which makes me popular with my young students.
A cell phone strap of the new female character.
A shitajiki (pencil board?).
The backside of the shitajiki.
The trip was pretty enjoyable. It reminded me of the Disney stores I used to see in the US. It was ridiculously crowded inside, much more than I had expected. My friend had his Japanese copy of Black and was able to find someone to trade with, in addition to get a promotional Mewtwo download. The cutest part was definitely watching him trade, since it was in the wifi room in the game and obviously with one of the many Japanese kids who had their DS out.

6 comments:

  1. Great Pictures shared Aka! definitely a fun trip indeed! I never been to Disney yet, but I bet I would fall in love with all the princesses collection like I used to collect barbie dolls when I was growing up. If i go visit Japan someday I need you to tour me with your friend haha! It will be awesome! Glad you had a great time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I wish I'd had time to visit here when I went to Tokyo! It looks like so much fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah you did it! Was waiting for you to post about this =D

    I just had a rush, as though I was 5 again, going through all these images. Ah, even though it doesn't 'interest' me so much any more, I'd love to pay a visit!

    Nice one,

    - Jamin

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Amerence: If you ever happen across a Disney store, be prepared for PRINCESS OVERLOAD! I'm sure you'll love it :)

    @Aralosseien: It was great fun; it's nice to nerd out in public once in a while :B

    @Jamin: Thanks! Next stop, Osaka!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been there!? :O I used to love Pokémon so much! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @syrco: I still love Pokemon so it was a really great time :) I totally recommend going if you happen across one :B

    ReplyDelete