12 July 2011

Day 16: What I miss

This is the next day in Saga of Spellbound's 20 days of...WoW blogging challenge. You can find more participants here.

Catch up on Day 15: Wallpaper

This has me stumped! I know I miss queuing for heroics solo, confident that I could heal anything while half-paying attention and be done in 30 minutes. I unfortunately need badges at the moment, but I am sad that I don't look forward to heroics anymore because they are so freaking long. Even when I can queue with guildies, I feel like I'm losing a lot of time.

I miss some zones that have become a little less beautiful, like Loch Modan and Azshara. I miss secret quests that you stumbled on by chance, rather than being directed to the area by an unrelated but well-meaning quest. Although I am mostly down with the quest updates, and the ease with which you can get a zone quest achievement, I want there to be more quests tucked away, to be sought out or stumbled upon at random.

I also miss attunements /ducks tomatoes. I know that predates Cata, but there it is. Even if it were just a quest chain requiring some heroics or what-have-you, even if it were account bound, I would like to feel like I did a little bit of work to break into the big bad raid instance.

Go to Day 17: My favorite spot

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on attunements - whilst I wasn't *that* good a raider... ever, I think my first steps into big, bad Kharazan would have been significantly harder if I hadn't done some heroics for the attunement. But again, the balance between it being grindy and irritating (every time someone dings level cap they have to go through the attunements which is irksome for others) and worthwhile is a hard one to manage.

    I'm also with you on the change to Azshara - it used to be so peaceful *wanders off down memory lane*...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Kharazan. Is it weird if I say I legitimately enjoyed the questing and dungeons required to get in?

    ReplyDelete