05 June 2012

#MMONBI Girls Gone WoW guest appearance and miscellany

Previously: Why and What to PostBlog Setup and Community BuildingRoundupUsing Screenshots

So the very successful New Blogger Initiative has ended, although Syp revealed he will keep the forums up for further discussion. There have been some very nice wrap up posts. Syp has a list of all the new blogs AND all the advice columns published here and Windsoar has categorized the advice posts here. If you're looking for another way to promote your blog to gamers, register at the Gaming Blog Nexus.

Moving right along! I remember reading a post from Gnomeageddeon I think, advising bloggers to simply take a break rather than post in order to apologize to readers for taking a break. Now, I'm not planning on taking a break and this is perhaps premature, but since I'm getting ready to finish my current job, spend a month and a half on vacation -without my desktop-, and then go back to university, I suspect there will be some changes to my blogging. It is my intention to keep posting on a regular basis, although I might drop down to 9-10 posts a month rather than 12. (Sweet Earthmother if Mists comes out during my vacation...all my rage)

On the fiction front, for the three of you that even read it, I've got some changes planned. The Goblin Journal was initially a way to explore Azeroth using the fresh eyes of a new character. Now that she's in Outlands, I find it hard to conjure up motivation to write about killing sporebats. I don't necessarily want to put her story away, but I think I'll keep her around to observe random parts of WoW that I want to comment on, like holidays and faction politics.

The Leatherworkers is chugging along strong. From the first story my interest in the nameless orc and tauren's adventures has grown from "where do tier materials come from?" into "when are these two going to rent an apartment and star in a sitcom?" More backstory about both of them is coming. Fair warning, there is some angst in their future!

Fooling around in the beta has cemented my interest in pandaren and their unique experience in Azeroth. I'm hoping to begin a new story from a pandaren POV in order to explore the new leveling content, the phenomenon of "othering," and Akabeko's character as seen from an outside point of view.  Please look forward to The Bard and the Tree!

For those of you who couldn't give two shits about fanfiction, rest assured that I only endeavor to post one chapter of each storyline per month, so there will be plenty of screenshot spam and formless nerdraging to enjoy!

Finally, I was a guest on the Girls Gone WoW podcast for the second time! You can hear episode 54: Refreshingly Exotic here. We talk about what we're looking forward to in MoP (fairly sure this is spoiler-free) and the ins and outs of rep grinding. If you aren't listening to these ladies (and sometimes gent) on a regular basis, change that! They have laid-back, funny, and comparatively short podcasts that are perfect for grinding or cooking dinner to :)

5 comments:

  1. The Goblin Journal was initially a way to explore Azeroth using the fresh eyes of a new character.
    And it worked wonderfully well!

    ...I don't necessarily want to put her story away, but I think I'll keep her around to observe random parts of WoW that I want to comment on, like holidays and faction politics.
    That's a great idea! I'll look forward to reading more of Sprinkie's observations and commentary, whenever she happens to feel like making some.

    New episodes of "the Leatherworkers" are always a treat! I'm looking forward to your new story, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG stop padding my ego! Wait, no, that's fine. Continue. :)

      I'm pretty excited to come up with new stories for Mists. I should probably find a good way to lead into Aka getting back out into the world, though...hmm.

      Delete
  2. Listening now! Yes i know 2 months late, but your voice is cute - wait I've heard it before... yes... on the TNB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just listened to it. I love listening to your voice LOL! The only american amongst all those English roses :D

    ReplyDelete